21 February 2006

Thoughts from the airport:

I realized on the way back that I really hate flying. Not because I'm afraid of it. It's the hassle of flying that is almost too frustrating for my mental sanity anymore. Maybe next year I'll take a road trip out to Vegas.

And they need to do away with automatic flush toilets. Just get rid of all of them and let us flush when it's time. Here's why.
THE SENSOR DOES NOT HAVE A BRAIN. When any woman walks into a public restroom, she wipes the seat down before she sits. In fact, she wipes it a few times then lays down a bunch of toilet paper. Personal contact with the seat is not an option. And the seat is ALWAYS wet. Always. I have never walked into a public bathroom stall and thought, "Hey, this is so clean! I'm just going to sit right down." No way. The problem is, when you lean over to perform the proper anti-germ procedure, the sensor notices. And what do you do next? Stand back up and pull down your pants so you can now go to the bathroom. When that happens, however, the sensor thinks you've just gotten up. So when you precariously position yourself over the seat and finally sit down in what you think is a safe position, the sensor picks that moment to flush. Now you have nowhere to go. You're stuck there with the toilet flushing underneath you, and in most cases, your hynie gets sprayed. Yes, it's NASTY. The toilet I sat on today in the airport did it THREE TIMES IN A ROW and I hadn't even moved! Nasty. Then of course, when you finally get up with hopefully a shred of dignity left, the toilet doesn't flush. No, the sensor has had enough for a while. If your toilet is new enough, it won't even have a manual flush option and you're left with the humiliation of leaving your stall unflushed for the next person. And what happens when it does flush for you? Sprays the seat and leaves it wet for the next person. It's a vicious, vicious cycle. We need to do away with automatic flush toilets forever. Don't even get me started on the automatic water and soap and paper towels. Things would be different if I ran the world.

No comments: