12 February 2006

SNOW!

For the past (almost) 24 hours, we here in NJ have seen a beautiful snowfall that has blanketed our region with about a foot of snow. Now I have to say, I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow. Even though we don't get snow days anymore, the thrill of seeing all that pure white outside and the cozy feeling it brings makes me so happy. I still don't understand why all those silly grown-ups complain about having to shovel and drive in snow. When I was a kid, the excitement of getting a day off school for a snow day was almost too much to contain. I think that has lingered into my adulthood, so that when it snows like this, all I want to do is make snow angels and go sledding and then come inside and dry off and nestle in with some hot chocolate. It still fills me with that childhood excitement.

Even if I have to shovel my front walkway and drive on the icy roads.

No comments: