21 February 2006

I had SUCH a great time this weekend visiting my friends. Vegas is a lot of fun when you see it with the locals. Some highlights included:

1) shopping with Aniela. She and I both love the bargains, and she found a GREAT dress to wear to a wedding in June. You know that excited feeling you get when you try on something you wouldn't normally try but that you just love the moment you see yourself in it? How it makes you so happy and giddy? That was her in this dress. Plus it was on major sale. I made her buy it. (didn't take much convincing)

2) seeing George Wallace, a standup comedian. I laughed so hard my tummy and my face hurt!

3) seeing Lee's face when we filled the fridge up with the case of Yuengling Lager I brought for them. Yuengling was, at first, only available in PA (where the three of us went to college and enjoyed lots of it). It has begun branching out along the east coast, but hasn't gotten as far as Las Vegas yet. It's been 6 years since we graduated, so naturally, he has missed it tremendously.

4) playing with Doug, their sweet lovable greyhound.

5) eating at all the amazing restaurants. Two words: avocado eggrolls. I need to fast for the next week to purge my system of all the food overload.

6) In-N-Out Burger. Animal style.

7) sunny weather.

8) the tiny little old man (I stress the "tiny" and the "little" and the "old" - he had to be about 4"8') at the Italian restaurant who played the accordion. He could kinda play, and I think he hit a few of the notes he tried to sing. Priceless. It made me laugh almost as hard as George Wallace did. It also brought a smile to my face, though, because you could tell it meant the world to this guy to walk around the restaurant and do that. It was too cute.

Even though these are some of the highlights, I enjoyed every minute of my trip. I can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoppy, I had a wonderful time too :) You are the best!!

-Aniela