10 August 2006

I looked at my calendar this morning and realized there are only 2 more days left of camp. We leave on Saturday. I mean, I cognitively knew this information, but it really "hit home" this morning. I can't believe the summer is over already. In a few days I'll be back to cubicle life, searching for an apartment in NYC. It's still so unreal.

I was exhausted today, so I slept for a good portion of the afternoon and thought a lot about my experience this summer. I have been blessed with meeting so many wonderful people, but have also grown apart from others. I have experienced the trial of forgiving people who do not deserve to be forgiven. I have been unjustly mistreated. I have learned a lot about myself. I have grown closer to God. I have seen myself change. I have experienced true fellowship, gathering with others in the name of God. It has been quite a summer. I leave with some sadness in my heart, both for leaving the good times behind and for those relationships which have turned sour that I cannot, no matter what I do, make right because of people's hardened hearts. I leave with a sense of hope, though, as I look forward to a new ministry that awaits me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi julie.....

i finally got on your blog tonight...for some reason i wasn't allowed on.....very strange message...

at any rate, i'm lookig forward to seeing you on saturday some time...so much to catch up on...

get a good night'a sleep..drive carefully...

love you.....medz mayig