02 March 2006

What a day.

This morning, I had the privilege of leading chapel worship here on campus. After a lot of hard work and very little sleep in planning it, I was really looking forward to it. The service was full of the Holy Spirit and it was a very prayerful, worshipful experience. The thing that got me is, my church says that women should not be doing the very thing I did this morning. And afer numerous experiences like this one, I am so convinced that they're wrong about that. Not because it's all about me, but because you cannot ignore the movement of the Spirit in your heart. And I know I felt God's presence with me this morning. Until the service started, I kept thinking, Should I really be doing this? God's presence there answered that question loud and clear: YES. It was such an affirming experience.

I'm left with so many more questions than I had yesterday.

3 comments:

traci said...

traci was here! :)
who knew? julie has a blog. i look forward to many more thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

I just sent you an email, before reading your blog. Very happy everything went well this weekend!!! :) Duchess

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

I just sent you an email, before reading your blog. Very happy everything went well this weekend!!! :) Duchess