21 June 2006

10 Things I Hate About You
I hate the way you look at me, the chill that's in your gaze
I hate the way you talk to others in friendly, warmer ways
I hate the way I feel when our bodies almost touch
I hate that a simple comment from you still can make me blush
I hate the jealousy that leaps like flames licking at my heart
I hate how closeness makes us feel even further apart
I hate hoping the past will repeat itself despite the trouble it would be
I hate trying to forget you, long after you've forgotten me
I hate seeing your face every night and every day
And I hate the sadness knowing that we're better off this way.

2 comments:

traci said...

oooh, poignant. i have a feeling i know to whom this one referrs.

xoxoxoxo

talk to you soon, mi amor.

Heather Nicole said...

hey! i miss you! and i love this poem - incredibly well said. i wish you were in p'ton now so we could go to the bent spoon. did you know that the bent spoon has even been known to fix broken hearts?
i love you lots.